WSFA Announces 2020 NFA Class Offerings
Dates: February 25-26, 2021
Location: KI Convention Center, Green Bay, WI
F0722 – Health & Safety Program Manager
Description: This two-day course will provide fire, Emergency Medical Services department personnel and other related emergency responders with the aptitudes and abilities necessary to manage the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Program Manager (HSPM) within their respective organizations.
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Adapt the HSPM roles and responsibilities while applying risk management health and safety concepts within their organization to determine system-wide needs and to develop support to institutionalize opportunities to meet the needs assessment.
- Evaluate and prioritize health and safety-related strengths and weaknesses within their organizations.
- Evaluate the environmental barriers affecting the implementation and impact of the organization’s safety and health programs.
- Evaluate and integrate the organization’s and individual’s responsibility to impact health and wellness positively.
- Individuals who have department-level health and safety responsibilities and responsibility for setting policy for the department on such issues.
- Individuals attending this course should have a working knowledge of the Incident Command System as taught by the National Fire Academy, working knowledge of applicable National Fire Protection Association and Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements and recommendations.
Post-course Requirements: None
Registration forms for this class will be available in the November/December Fire Journal and on the WSFA website in November.