Become a Member
- $4,000/$2,000 AD&D - Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage is 24 hours a day extending coverage for both on & off duty from firefighting activities.
- $1,000 Covered Illness Death Benefit - Payable if a member suffers a Covered illness which resulted from a Covered Activity and causes the loss of life.
- $100 Income Protection Benefit –Maximum Weekly Total Disability Benefit payable for up to 260 weeks for Volunteer Members and up to 104 weeks for Career Personnel for total disabilities sustained while on active duty which prevents a member from returning to his or her normal occupation.
- Six issues of the Wisconsin Fire Journal, a magazine to keep you updated on what is going on in legislation, new equipment, etc. throughout the United States.
- A Board of Directors that works for you, the volunteer firefighter in all phases of firefighting
Fiscal Year extends from July 1st thru June 30th. Dues are $25.00 per year.
Information about the Insurance Coverage Offered to all Members
** $2,000 Off Duty / $4,000 On Duty AD&D - Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage is 24 hours a day extending coverage for both on & off duty from firefighting activities.
** $1,000 Covered Illness Death Benefit - Payable if a member suffers a Covered illness which resulted from a Covered Activity and causes the loss of life.
** $100 Income Protection – Maximum Weekly Total Disability Benefit payable for up to 260 weeks for total disabilities sustained while on active duty which prevents a member from returning to his normal occupation.
Important claim information:
** All claims must be reported/submitted within 30 days from the date of injury/death.
**Disability claims may require wage verification from your employer.
** Required information when presenting a death claim includes; a certified copy of the death certificate, a copy of a newspaper article or obituary pertaining to the related incident, and the current signed beneficiary designation form(this form can be found on the WSFA website www.wi-state-firefighters.org )
*Membership benefits may be limited based upon a member’s age at time of claim or from having no active Fire Department affiliation to establish an “on active duty” status.
This notice is a brief summary of policy coverage, at the time of a claim the actual policy language will control and will be based upon policy benefits in force at that time, and as may be adjusted or modified by the Board of Directors of the WSFA.
Committees - The WSFA Board of Directors also serves
on the following sub-committees:
Mission: Provide organizational direction for the WSFA Board of Directors. The executive committee prioritizes issues for the full board to address. Todd Blaser, President; Barry Kuenkel, Vice President; Ron Hampton, Secretary/Treasurer; Annette Geisler, Executive Secretary
Recruitment & Retention:
Mission: To develop, implement, and support programs and processes that add value to WSFA and its membership, leading to improved membership, engagement, growth, and retention. Tom Krajnik, Chair; James Hulleman; Chris Klahn; Ron Hampton
Mission: Maintain consistency in the running of the Wisconsin State Firefighters Association. In order to communicate organizational rules so disputes and conflict can be avoided. Todd Blaser; Phil Stittleburg
Mission: Provide focus, representation, and visibility for the Wisconsin State Firefighters Association in advocating legislative issues both State and Federal.
Todd Blaser, Chair; Tom Fonfara
Firefighter Health & Safety:
Mission: Advocate and promote various fire service initiatives.
Chris Klahn, Chair; Mike Bourdeau; Barry Kuenkel